- remember your cookie preferences;
- operate contact forms; and
- see if something isn’t working properly, so we can fix it quickly.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, smartphone or other device when you visit our website. A cookie file is stored on your device and allows us, or our third party partners (see below) to recognise you and make your visit easier and more useful to you when you revisit our website.
In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping baskets, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser.
Types of cookies
The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two types of cookies on our website:
- Session cookies are temporary cookies which only exist during the time you use the website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after using the website). Session cookies help our website remember what you chose on the previous page, avoiding the need to re-enter information and improve your experience whilst using the website.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after you’ve visited our website. For example, if you tick the ‘Remember my information’ box when you fill out a contact form a persistent cookie will be used, so that the website remembers you the next time you use it.
Google Advertising Cookies
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to you based on your previous visits to Daily Deals UK and/or other sites on the Internet.
How you can control and delete cookies
Cookies help you get the most out of our website. You can however set up your browser to delete or refuse some or all of them, or to notify you when you are sent a cookie and therefore choose whether or not to accept it. You may also delete or refuse, some or all of the cookies, on our website at anytime.
For your convenience we’ve provided links to the cookie management page for the most popular web browsers:
We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies Website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.